First Transgender Woman Legally Recognized in Vietnam
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 09 2012 10:45 AM ET
Pham Le Quynh Tram has become the first transgender woman to be legally recognized by Vietnamese authorities as a woman, according to website Vietnamnet.
A decision granted by the administration of her town in the Binh Phuoc province allows Pham Van Hiep (her birth name) to redefine her sex from male to female and to legally change her name to Pham Le Quynh Tram.
“I can’t believe that this is true,” Tram says, who had reassignment surgery in 2008. "I cannot describe my happiness of living with my true sex."
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Butler University President Says Lawmakers Damaged Indiana
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion