PHOTOS: L.A. Pride in West Hollywood
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 09 2014 1:05 PM ET
The history of TLGB Pride celebrations is uniquely Los Angeles’s because of Christopher Street West. It was CSW that produced the world’s first Pride parade, on Hollywood Boulevard in 1970.
In 1979 the parade moved to West Hollywood, and now, 44 years later, the parade and festival in West Hollywood Park are some of the largest and best attended in the nation
Thanks to the talented photographer Tommy Wu, we have some great photos of the participants in the parade and the fun-loving crowd. See more of Tommy's work on his site, his Tumblr page, and his Facebook page.
Our version of rolling out the red carpet.
Looks like the weather was pretty nice.
Even the cleanup crew is glamorous in Los Angeles.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun