PHOTOS: L.A. Pride in West Hollywood
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 09 2014 1:05 PM ET
The history of TLGB Pride celebrations is uniquely Los Angeles’s because of Christopher Street West. It was CSW that produced the world’s first Pride parade, on Hollywood Boulevard in 1970.
In 1979 the parade moved to West Hollywood, and now, 44 years later, the parade and festival in West Hollywood Park are some of the largest and best attended in the nation
Thanks to the talented photographer Tommy Wu, we have some great photos of the participants in the parade and the fun-loving crowd. See more of Tommy's work on his site, his Tumblr page, and his Facebook page.
Our version of rolling out the red carpet.
Looks like the weather was pretty nice.
Even the cleanup crew is glamorous in Los Angeles.
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series