PHOTOS: L.A. Pride in West Hollywood
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 09 2014 1:05 PM ET
The history of TLGB Pride celebrations is uniquely Los Angeles’s because of Christopher Street West. It was CSW that produced the world’s first Pride parade, on Hollywood Boulevard in 1970.
In 1979 the parade moved to West Hollywood, and now, 44 years later, the parade and festival in West Hollywood Park are some of the largest and best attended in the nation
Thanks to the talented photographer Tommy Wu, we have some great photos of the participants in the parade and the fun-loving crowd. See more of Tommy's work on his site, his Tumblr page, and his Facebook page.
Our version of rolling out the red carpet.
Looks like the weather was pretty nice.
Even the cleanup crew is glamorous in Los Angeles.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb