PHOTOS: L.A. Pride in West Hollywood
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 09 2014 1:05 PM ET
The history of TLGB Pride celebrations is uniquely Los Angeles’s because of Christopher Street West. It was CSW that produced the world’s first Pride parade, on Hollywood Boulevard in 1970.
In 1979 the parade moved to West Hollywood, and now, 44 years later, the parade and festival in West Hollywood Park are some of the largest and best attended in the nation
Thanks to the talented photographer Tommy Wu, we have some great photos of the participants in the parade and the fun-loving crowd. See more of Tommy's work on his site, his Tumblr page, and his Facebook page.
Our version of rolling out the red carpet.
Looks like the weather was pretty nice.
Even the cleanup crew is glamorous in Los Angeles.
- Kim Davis 'In Custody' for Contempt of Court
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Kim Davis and Judge Deciding Her Fate Face Nepotism Allegations