The Experts Assign Some Honeymoon Homework
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2013 5:00 AM ET
“Regardless of climate, get a broad- spectrum SPF 50 or higher that protects against UVA and UVB. Try putting your face SPF on before your moisturizer. Ole Henriksen’s philosophy is to have the much-needed protection on the skin first, to form the most beneficial barrier. Don’t forget to reapply every few hours to face and body, because sun damage is not hot.
“Don’t skip your skincare regimens — you don’t want a pimple to join you for some face time. Modify if need be; tropical climates require less moisture, more SPF protection, and no aggressive chemicals. In cooler climates, your skin needs more hydration and SPF protection. Add a little luminosity to your body with some body oil. Ole Henriksen’s Lavender Body Oil ($28) is perfect for the occasion to give you a nice glow along with soft and supple skin for those close moments.
“Keeping fit with exercise is important for skin health, too, as is maintaining a decent diet, getting plenty of sleep (to pre- vent dark under-eye circles), and avoiding alcohol. If you’re like me, avoiding alcohol on vacation would be like finding a chupacabra — probably not going to happen. But whether you’re the body shot or martini type, maybe have one less drink. Your body, skin, and head will be thankful in the morning.
“Last but not least, get excited! Happiness and excitement will bring a true glow to your skin.”
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times