10,000 Strong Against Preacher Sean Harris
BY Neal Broverman
May 07 2012 7:00 PM ET
A group called Faithful America is circulating a message that condemns antigay pastor Sean Harris, who advocated punching gay-acting children in a recent sermon.
The letter, entitled "Abusing Gay Children Is Not Christian," has received over 10,000 signatures, according to the Faith in Public Life website. The statement reads, "Faithful Christians are appalled by Pastor Sean Harris’s hateful tirade urging violence against gay and lesbian youth. Violence and child abuse can never be justified by the teachings of Jesus Christ. All young people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, should be assured in church that they are beloved children of God." Read more here.
After audio of Harris's sermon leaked online, the North Carolina preacher said he did not mean to offend the LGBT community. You can watch his speech here and judge for yourself.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM