10,000 Strong Against Preacher Sean Harris
BY Neal Broverman
May 07 2012 6:00 PM ET
A group called Faithful America is circulating a message that condemns antigay pastor Sean Harris, who advocated punching gay-acting children in a recent sermon.
The letter, entitled "Abusing Gay Children Is Not Christian," has received over 10,000 signatures, according to the Faith in Public Life website. The statement reads, "Faithful Christians are appalled by Pastor Sean Harris’s hateful tirade urging violence against gay and lesbian youth. Violence and child abuse can never be justified by the teachings of Jesus Christ. All young people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, should be assured in church that they are beloved children of God." Read more here.
After audio of Harris's sermon leaked online, the North Carolina preacher said he did not mean to offend the LGBT community. You can watch his speech here and judge for yourself.
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 1 hour 42 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 2 hours 41 min ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married December 20 2013 7:40 PM
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus December 20 2013 6:46 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert December 20 2013 4:55 PM
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt December 20 2013 4:48 PM