10,000 Strong Against Preacher Sean Harris
BY Neal Broverman
May 07 2012 7:00 PM ET
A group called Faithful America is circulating a message that condemns antigay pastor Sean Harris, who advocated punching gay-acting children in a recent sermon.
The letter, entitled "Abusing Gay Children Is Not Christian," has received over 10,000 signatures, according to the Faith in Public Life website. The statement reads, "Faithful Christians are appalled by Pastor Sean Harris’s hateful tirade urging violence against gay and lesbian youth. Violence and child abuse can never be justified by the teachings of Jesus Christ. All young people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, should be assured in church that they are beloved children of God." Read more here.
After audio of Harris's sermon leaked online, the North Carolina preacher said he did not mean to offend the LGBT community. You can watch his speech here and judge for yourself.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- Miley Cyrus Launches Anti-Homelessness, Pro-LGBT ‘Happy Hippie Foundation’