Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. Kansas Lawmakers Try To Legalize Discrimination
In response to college town Lawrence, Kan.’s antidiscrimination ordinance, state lawmakers tried to pass the Kansas Preservation of Religious Freedom Act, which would allow anyone to opt out of nondiscrimination policies by claiming they violate their “religious freedom.” Gov. Sam Brownback said he would sign the bill, but it ultimately died as the legislative session ended, without receiving a Senate vote.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer