Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 4:00 AM ET
4. Kansas Lawmakers Try To Legalize Discrimination
In response to college town Lawrence, Kan.’s antidiscrimination ordinance, state lawmakers tried to pass the Kansas Preservation of Religious Freedom Act, which would allow anyone to opt out of nondiscrimination policies by claiming they violate their “religious freedom.” Gov. Sam Brownback said he would sign the bill, but it ultimately died as the legislative session ended, without receiving a Senate vote.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View