Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. Kansas Lawmakers Try To Legalize Discrimination
In response to college town Lawrence, Kan.’s antidiscrimination ordinance, state lawmakers tried to pass the Kansas Preservation of Religious Freedom Act, which would allow anyone to opt out of nondiscrimination policies by claiming they violate their “religious freedom.” Gov. Sam Brownback said he would sign the bill, but it ultimately died as the legislative session ended, without receiving a Senate vote.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- PHOTOS: Love Is Love Continues Capturing Happy Couples