Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
5. A Dad Teaches World About Parenting Gender-Variant Kids
German father Nils Pickert told feminist magazine Emma that he sometimes wears skirts to support his preschool-age son who prefers to wear skirts and dresses. Pickert said his son is the talk of his small, conservative, traditional southern German town, but the father insists on supporting him. “I only had one option left: to broaden my shoulders for my little buddy and dress in a skirt myself,” said Pickert. The interview and photos went viral.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA