Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
5. A Dad Teaches World About Parenting Gender-Variant Kids
German father Nils Pickert told feminist magazine Emma that he sometimes wears skirts to support his preschool-age son who prefers to wear skirts and dresses. Pickert said his son is the talk of his small, conservative, traditional southern German town, but the father insists on supporting him. “I only had one option left: to broaden my shoulders for my little buddy and dress in a skirt myself,” said Pickert. The interview and photos went viral.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges