Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 4:00 AM ET
5. A Dad Teaches World About Parenting Gender-Variant Kids
German father Nils Pickert told feminist magazine Emma that he sometimes wears skirts to support his preschool-age son who prefers to wear skirts and dresses. Pickert said his son is the talk of his small, conservative, traditional southern German town, but the father insists on supporting him. “I only had one option left: to broaden my shoulders for my little buddy and dress in a skirt myself,” said Pickert. The interview and photos went viral.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 18 sec ago
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 56 min 31 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 1 hour 42 min ago
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 2 hours 9 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 2 hours 14 min ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 3:57 PM