Advocate Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 19 2011 7:30 PM ET
Transgender History ($9, Seal Studies)
Trans author Susan Stryker's 2008 primer covers American transgender history from the mid-twentieth century to today like a high school textbook, with chapters on transsexualism post World War II and the '70s introduction of the era of identity politics. Transgender History also includes major speeches, bios, and excerpts from transgender memoirs.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner