Gay Big Brother contestant irks housemates
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
Josh Rafter, one of the two gay residents in the British version of Big Brother, annoyed his housemates the other day when he was unable to perform a show task, according to The [London] Sun. Rafter was awakened by the other gay resident, Brian Dowling, so that he could get up and dance the conga, but he was unable to make the line as he had fallen victim to red shorts syndrome (the house euphemism for an erection). The term comes from last years show in which a resident wearing red shorts became aroused during a massage. The inability to complete the task resulted in a cut to the food budget, an action that resulted in the rather forlorn image of three residents licking Pimms off the table when a glass of it was knocked over. In his defense, Rafter admits, I could do with some sex.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'