Chris New: Weekend Update
BY Brandon Voss
October 14 2011 6:00 AM ET
I imagine that Weekend has made you rather popular with some gay men on Twitter. Has anyone reached out to ask for a date or a shag?
[Laughs] I think Glenâ€™s too much of a dangerous character for people to fall totally in love with him. Glenâ€™s not a boy you particularly want to take home to your mother. But there has been a lot of appreciation from people on Twitter who tell me how much they love the film. Besides, Iâ€™m a married man now â€” I just got married, actually â€” so all those days are gone. But Iâ€™m sure there wonâ€™t be too many people weeping in their pillows.
Congratulations on your marriage.
Thank you. Well, over here itâ€™s not called marriage, obviously â€” itâ€™s called a civil partnership â€” but Iâ€™ll use the word marriage whether they like it or not. I think the most admirable thing about the American gay marriages, like in New York, is that youâ€™re actually getting the word marriage. In America, you guys have a lot more fight than we do over here, partly because the antigay movement is so much more visible in America. Itâ€™s really interesting to watch the gay rights movement in America from over here. Itâ€™s so much more focused and energetic than it is here, where the attitude is very relaxed, very â€śOh, itâ€™s fine.â€ť I like the American refusal to compromise.
Finally, I must know what the semen was made out of during one of the more graphic sex scenes in Weekend. It looked suspiciously authentic.
[Laughs] I will tell you two secrets about that scene. When weâ€™re grabbing at each otherâ€™s erections, those are finely carved carrots in our pants, which is apparently an old trick. I actually had to snap mine in half because it was far too big. And then the semen itself was just good old-fashioned hand soap. So now everybody can try it. You too can recreate that moment at home!
For more info visit Weekend-Film.com.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men â€” But There's a Catch
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 3 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM