Spy Thriller Starring Ellen Page Moves Forward
BY Patrick Yacco
April 01 2014 3:24 PM ET
The script for Queen and Country, an espionage film based on Greg Rucka's graphic novel of the same name and starring newly out actress Ellen Page, is currently undergoing rewrites, according to Variety.
The script was originally drafted by John Rogers, and revisions are being handled by Olivia Milch.
20th Century Fox, the studio behind the film, also recently hired British director Craig Viveiros to helm the movie.
Originally published by Oni Press from 2001 through 2007, Queen and Country focuses on British spy Tara Chance. It earned widespread critical acclaim and won an Eisner Award for "Best New Series," one of the highest honors in comic book publishing. The film version tells the story of Chance being on the run from her own agency, while trying to track down a terrorist.
Page is no newcomer to films based on graphic novels. This summer she’ll grace the big screen as Kitty Pryde in out director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, scheduled for release May 23.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Demi Lovato Falls Promoting Bi-Curious Anthem, Embraces Accident with Video Post
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers