Hot Sheet: Anything That Loves
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2013 9:21 AM ET
5. EVENTS: "A Different Kind of Order: The ICP Triennial"
The International Center of Photography recently launched "A Different Kind of Order: The ICP Triennial, an exhibition that includes 28 international artists who employ photography, film, video, and interactive media. Nayland Blake’s commissioned installation "Knee Deep in the Flooded Victory" weaves together images and objects from ICP’s collection with his own archive to evoke the pageantry and serendipity of Times Square alongside moments of gay liberation and street activism. His piece culminates in a July 12 performance, in which he will lead a procession through the sites of Times Square’s vanished gay adult theaters and cruising spots, greeting tourists in the guise of his new persona, Victorya Spectre, an elaborately costumed figure meant to evoke the queer royalty of New York’s past.
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- Best Tweets: 'Duck You, Phil Robertson'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart 'Sort of' Stands With Fox News in Defending Duck Dynasty Star
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert 1 hour 17 min ago
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt 1 hour 24 min ago
- Entertainment News Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen! 1 hour 28 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Small Hotel or Resort 1 hour 38 min ago
- Comedy Best Tweets: 'Duck You, Phil Robertson' 1 hour 43 min ago
- Marriage Equality BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional UPDATED: 1 hour 48 min ago
- Education Hundreds Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal 2 hours 56 min ago