Hot Sheet: Anything That Loves
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2013 10:21 AM ET
5. EVENTS: "A Different Kind of Order: The ICP Triennial"
The International Center of Photography recently launched "A Different Kind of Order: The ICP Triennial, an exhibition that includes 28 international artists who employ photography, film, video, and interactive media. Nayland Blake’s commissioned installation "Knee Deep in the Flooded Victory" weaves together images and objects from ICP’s collection with his own archive to evoke the pageantry and serendipity of Times Square alongside moments of gay liberation and street activism. His piece culminates in a July 12 performance, in which he will lead a procession through the sites of Times Square’s vanished gay adult theaters and cruising spots, greeting tourists in the guise of his new persona, Victorya Spectre, an elaborately costumed figure meant to evoke the queer royalty of New York’s past.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman