Hot Sheet: Waiting for Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2013 3:36 PM ET
10.) THEATER: Waiting for Godot and No Man’s Land
Sir Ian McKellen is perhaps the greatest living actor who is openly gay, and definitely one of the greatest of any stripe. He and friend, straight ally, fellow great actor, and X-Men costar Patrick Stewart begin performances on Broadway Saturday in two plays in repertory: Samuel Beckett’s absurdist classic Waiting for Godot and Harold Pinter’s acclaimed No Man’s Land. McKellen and Stewart had a well-received pre-Broadway run in the plays at Berkeley Rep in California this summer, along with costars Billy Crudup and Shuler Hensley, who will join them on Broadway as well. Sean Mathias, McKellen’s former partner, directs. Through March 2 at the Cort Theatre; Find more info here. — Trudy Ring
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary