Hot Sheet: GameBoys
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2014 7:07 PM ET
10. EVENT: Reel to Real: Portrayals and Perceptions of Gays in Hollywood
Launched in June in honor of LGBT Heritage Month, this exclusive exhibition features photos, costumes, props and iconic imagery and provides a unique perspective on how gays have been portrayed in Hollywood from early stereotypes to modern representations. While the exhibit was supposed to close at the end of Outfest, the Los Angeles LGBT filmfest, it's been extended due to popular demand. It includes items from LGBT craftspeople like 2 Broke Girls art director Amy Feldman, tuxes from the Days of Our Lives gay wedding, and the Roddy McDowall Powder Room, named in honor of that late gay actor, featuring some of his possessions as well as photos of LGBT and allied stars. And there's much, much more. The Hollywood Museum, Los Angeles, through September 28. — Michelle Garcia
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- PHOTOS: Are You Ready for the World's First Gay Mormon Superhero?