ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 2:06 PM ET
Mirage, Vol. 1, No. 1 (March-April 1974)
The publication of the Transsexual Action Organization (TAO), founded by militant trasngender activist Angela Douglas in Los Angeles in 1970, Mirage included national and international news about transsexual rights, medical care, and interviews with numerous transgender women, many directly involved in TAO. Each issue also included information on ESP, UFOs, and the occult – topics of special importance to Douglas.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps