ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 2:06 PM ET
Mirage, Vol. 1, No. 1 (March-April 1974)
The publication of the Transsexual Action Organization (TAO), founded by militant trasngender activist Angela Douglas in Los Angeles in 1970, Mirage included national and international news about transsexual rights, medical care, and interviews with numerous transgender women, many directly involved in TAO. Each issue also included information on ESP, UFOs, and the occult – topics of special importance to Douglas.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love