BY Lesley Goldberg
December 10 2009 2:55 PM ET
What would it take for you to go on the KTLA morning show again?
Just for him to admit that he lied on air and misrepresented the facts. Saying that I was screaming at the people there. He said three things that were not factual: One, that I screamed at people there; two, that I thought I was bigger than [8 a.m. guest] Snoop Dogg when I said the complete opposite — I said, “I’m not Snoop Dogg, I know my place in the totum pole; Snoop Dogg is Snoop Dogg and I’m like a D-lister.” So he misrepresented that. And then he said after that all happened that my publicist reached out to them to rebook me when it’s the opposite that happened. Some woman named Grace reached out to us on Monday about rebooking before his little tirade on Tuesday.
If you were a manager at KTLA, and you’re Sam’s boss, what would you do? Do you think he should be suspended?
It depends. If he was really passionate and felt like saying that, then yes. But if somebody told him, “Oh, Perez was screaming,” then I’ll be the nice guy and give him the benefit of the doubt that somebody gave him bad information, but if you’re a journalist, it’s your job to get the facts right and going on-air and claiming that somebody did something they didn’t do.
What sort of responses have you gotten since the feud began Monday?
Like anything I do, it’s very polarizing. I’m getting a lot of support and Rubin is getting a lot of support. I’m a very polarizing figure.
What will you do if you don't get the on-air correction/retraction that you requested via Twitter?
No. I haven’t even mentioned it on my website; it’s almost beneath me.
Switching gears, do you have a favorite part of Bloggywood Stories?
My favorite part of the book is selling it! The website is like sex — hot, sweaty sex. The book is like long, all-night sex with multiple orgasms. So if you like the website, you’ll love the book.
The New York Times, in a review of Bloggywood Stories, called you a "hard-to-ignore Hollywood player," while Rolling Stone said you were "the queen of mean." How do you feel about having that sort of reputation?
I just love that I’m being talked about by TheNew York Times! [Laughs] I’m old-school — I really think any press is good press.
Have you experienced any sort of backlash since your book came out?
Yeah. Actually, there were reports that Drew Barrymore was contemplating suing me over what I wrote about her, which is true, but she hasn’t yet. I wouldn’t have been upset if she did because it would have been great publicity for my book.
What did you write about her?
About this incident I had with her at a Peaches concert several months ago and her being a hot mess.
Does it bother you to create a career out of bad-mouthing celebrities?
No, because that’s just part of what I do. I do what I do for the people who read my website every single day and because I love it. And the people that are reading my website every single day get me and see the full picture, which is in addition to the celebrity gossip, I include a lot of political posts. This year I was very involved with tons of gay issues, predominantly gay marriage. I also was very involved in other issues, like animal issues. I did a PSA for PETA; I also was involved with Rock the Vote and a campaign they had with health care reform. So I do all the political stuff, I do a ton of music posts; I often have charity posts for organizations that readers have become more aware of. And I post silly random funny videos too. I do it all, and there’s positive and negative.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen December 06 2013 4:07 PM