Flying Through NYC? Get Ready for a Show
BY Neal Broverman
June 19 2012 5:38 PM ET
American Airlines is planning to celebrate gay pride in a big way by hosting a performance of the Broadway musical Priscilla at JFK Airport's Terminal 8.
The cast of Priscilla, the musical from Bette Midler based on the 1994 Australian film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, will perform musical numbers free Thursday at 3 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. The numbers include renditions of "Like a Prayer," "Diva Medley," and "We Belong."
"We are pleased to host the cast of Priscilla as we treat customers to this special performance and celebrate Pride Month," American Airlines vice president Tim Ahern said in a release. "We are very proud of our history of support for both LGBT customers and employees and are excited to bring this show to JFK as a fun way to celebrate this rich history."
Priscilla, playing at the Palace Theatre until Sunday, is the story of three drag queens on a road trip across the Australian outback, with oodles of pop music and flashy costumes. Watch a clip below.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris, Behind the Shoot 23 min 1 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 2 hours 16 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 2 hours 42 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM