Flying Through NYC? Get Ready for a Show
BY Neal Broverman
June 19 2012 5:38 PM ET
American Airlines is planning to celebrate gay pride in a big way by hosting a performance of the Broadway musical Priscilla at JFK Airport's Terminal 8.
The cast of Priscilla, the musical from Bette Midler based on the 1994 Australian film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, will perform musical numbers free Thursday at 3 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. The numbers include renditions of "Like a Prayer," "Diva Medley," and "We Belong."
"We are pleased to host the cast of Priscilla as we treat customers to this special performance and celebrate Pride Month," American Airlines vice president Tim Ahern said in a release. "We are very proud of our history of support for both LGBT customers and employees and are excited to bring this show to JFK as a fun way to celebrate this rich history."
Priscilla, playing at the Palace Theatre until Sunday, is the story of three drag queens on a road trip across the Australian outback, with oodles of pop music and flashy costumes. Watch a clip below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 12 min 51 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM