BY John Jameson
May 20 2009 12:00 AM ET
Do you think the special communication between you and your mom gave you an advantage on the show?It was a huge advantage for us. Also, since we were unable to talk -- or bicker! -- while we were in the middle of challenges, we flew through them, where a lot of the other teams lost a lot of time bickering. Plus, where many of the teams couldn't communicate with the locals because of the language difference, I could use gestures to tell them where we needed to go.
Were there any times you felt your deafness was a disadvantage?Only when we were driving a car, and in that case Mom and I made a strategic decision that she do all the driving, because if we got lost, she could pull over and ask for directions.
Are you dating anyone now?As of right now, no, but I'd like to.
Deaf guys or hearing guys?I'm open to both. I'm hoping to meet someone nice.
What's the one thing you'll remember most about your experience on The Amazing Race ? I'm just proud of my achievement on The Amazing Race. A lot of people told me I would never get picked to be on the show because of my deafness, but look at what I just did! The experience itself was worth a million dollars.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 40 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 2 hours 14 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 2 hours 38 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM