BY Jeremy Kinser
August 17 2009 12:00 AM ET
In Judd Apatow's film Funny People , you play Adam Sandler's character's agent. What was it like on that set?It was great. I had a big scene with Adam that was cut. When we think he's dying I go to confess that I embezzled millions from him. It was really fun. We filmed the script as written once or twice then spent the next hour or two improvising. It was so much fun and Adam was just a wonderful, giving actor and we had a great time. It was completely different from Mad Men, but wonderful just the same.
You've written a memoir titled She Ain't Heavy, She's My Mother, to be published next year. What can you reveal about the book? That started one night with a conversation over dinner on Fire Island with Paul Rudnick and Tom and B.D. Wong and his partner at the time. It triggered some of these memories. I started telling a story about playing with my mother's hoop skirt and how I was sent to a child psychologist. They said if I didn't start writing this, they would. It's a memoir and short stories and it's really fun. It's a celebration of my relationship with my mother. From my point of view it's really wonderful; from an outsider's perspective it's really eccentric, but I have a wonderful, supportive mother.
OK, answer the question the world is asking: What does Don Draper smell like?[ Laughs ] Clean.
Again, not the answer I expected.[ Laughs ] Sorry, he's very masculine, but very clean.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 11 min 59 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 25 min 37 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 27 min 8 sec ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 38 min 30 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 53 min 43 sec ago
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 1 hour 7 min ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 1 hour 10 min ago