BY Jeremy Kinser
August 16 2009 11:00 PM ET
In Judd Apatow's film Funny People , you play Adam Sandler's character's agent. What was it like on that set?It was great. I had a big scene with Adam that was cut. When we think he's dying I go to confess that I embezzled millions from him. It was really fun. We filmed the script as written once or twice then spent the next hour or two improvising. It was so much fun and Adam was just a wonderful, giving actor and we had a great time. It was completely different from Mad Men, but wonderful just the same.
You've written a memoir titled She Ain't Heavy, She's My Mother, to be published next year. What can you reveal about the book? That started one night with a conversation over dinner on Fire Island with Paul Rudnick and Tom and B.D. Wong and his partner at the time. It triggered some of these memories. I started telling a story about playing with my mother's hoop skirt and how I was sent to a child psychologist. They said if I didn't start writing this, they would. It's a memoir and short stories and it's really fun. It's a celebration of my relationship with my mother. From my point of view it's really wonderful; from an outsider's perspective it's really eccentric, but I have a wonderful, supportive mother.
OK, answer the question the world is asking: What does Don Draper smell like?[ Laughs ] Clean.
Again, not the answer I expected.[ Laughs ] Sorry, he's very masculine, but very clean.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 1 hour 11 min ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM