Ryan Kwanten: Kwanten Leap
BY Brandon Voss
November 18 2010 4:00 AM ET
No. If the story’s right with the right people behind it, it makes sense to me. I’m not going to limit the roles I play based on who that character is.
There’s been buzz that you’re in talks to star opposite Daniel Radcliffe in a gay-themed film, My Fair Lidy.
This is the first I’ve heard of that rumor. People tell me about more and more things I’m supposedly doing every day. No, I’m not even aware of that project, to be honest.
Let’s talk True Blood. With the exception of Jason, all the major male characters were involved in homoerotic action last season. Did you feel left out?
Well, there are more seasons to come, so there’s still many an opportunity. I’m sure Alan Ball’s concocting some road to take Jason down that he’s never been down before.
Philadelphia Eagles player Todd Herremans famously tweeted about last season’s “barrage of homosexuality,” which raised the question of whether or not True Blood had gotten “too gay.” Is that even possible?
We’ve pushed the boundaries on many fronts, and that’s what people like. Just like our show has made vampires a mainstream force to be reckoned with, it’s forcing people to take note of serious issues, but in such a smart, visceral way.
And like silver to vampires, the gay content repels uncool, closed-minded viewers.
But it can also open up those guys and make them think, which is the best part. You don’t want to shove them out, because there’s something in there for everyone.
Your True Blood costar Stephen Moyer recently auctioned off his “modesty sock” for charity. Would you auction off your penis pouch for a gay charity like The Trevor Project?
Well, I’ve gone through more than one, so there might be a couple out there. I’ll have to speak to Audrey, our wardrobe designer, and see if she can track one down. There’s quite a collection, actually—one for every mood.
You wrote an upcoming satirical self-help book, The G-Strategy. Any chance the G stands for gay?
It’s stands for whatever you want it to, Brandon. That’s the beauty of it.
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- WATCH: Jon Stewart 'Sort of' Stands With Fox News in Defending Duck Dynasty Star
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married December 20 2013 7:40 PM
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus December 20 2013 6:46 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert December 20 2013 4:55 PM
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt December 20 2013 4:48 PM
- Entertainment News Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen! December 20 2013 4:44 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Small Hotel or Resort December 20 2013 4:34 PM