Ashley Fink Knows What Boys Like
BY Brandon Voss
February 22 2011 1:20 PM ET
Glee stars a lot of skinny girls and guys with visible abs. What’s craft services like?
There is a lot of brown rice and avocado. [Laughs] Look, I’m not going to out any of those girls, but I see some of them eating bagels on the regular. I hear about other sets where actresses are paid not to eat, but Glee’s not that way at all. We can all get down. I’ve actually been losing weight because I’m working 12 hours a day, dancing my ass off.
Lauren is currently making Puck work hard to woo her, which means that you have the challenge of acting like the sexy Mark Salling isn’t rocking your world.
And that bitch is making it so difficult on me. He’s adorable. Our favorite thing is to make each other laugh when we’re not supposed to. When he was doing “Fat Bottomed Girls,” I’m going through all these emotions — I’m uncomfortable, everyone’s staring, I love him, but he’s singing about my butt — and he was being such a dork, trying so hard to make me laugh. He does not make my life easy.
Lauren said her “seven minutes in heaven” with Puck were more like “three minutes I’ll never get back.” But in reality, I’m guessing that was good stuff, right?
Yeah. It’s so awkward when you’re making out in front of cameras and getting direction, but I do have to say that out of all my onscreen love interests, Mark is the best kisser. I will give you that, lady.
Because Lauren pictured the glee club in their underwear during “I Know What Boys Like,” your gay fans scored a few heavenly minutes of their own.
You’re welcome. I’m taking one for the team, kissing Mark Salling and getting everyone half-naked for America. I’m a giver. Yeah, that day was grueling. I was like, If I have to see any more flesh today, I don’t know what I’m going to with myself.
Did you share Lauren’s nerves during your solo debut?
No, it was fun. I fuckin’ loved it. Honestly, I had to sing my face off in my auditions before I even got on the show, because they never really know where you’re going to end up. When Ryan was like, “You’re going to be singing in this episode” — I had no idea because we hadn’t gotten the whole script yet — I just thought “I Know What Boys Like” was the perfect song. Lauren clearly does know, because boys like confidence and integrity. And the fact there’s now a Glee song on iTunes with my name next to it? What the hell?
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 2 hours 38 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM