PHOTOS: Broadway Bares Rocks Hard
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2014 4:51 PM ET
The 24th edition of Broadway Bares will pay tribute to the last 60 years of rock 'n' roll while raising money to fight HIV and AIDS — all in its signature stripped down fashion.
From its new home at Hammerstein Ballroom, the show brings more than 150 Broadway performers together for a burlesque twist on iconic music and moments of the past 60 years — all to raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
"Broadway Bares: Rock Hard!" has just two performances June 22 and is the latest theme in the string of successful fundraisers that began in in 1992. So far, over the years, Broadway Bares has raised more than $11.3 million. This year's edition is directed by Nick Kenkel (Catch Me If You Can, Peepshow, Legally Blonde) and special guests will be announced as the show nears.
Tickets can be purchased online at broadwaycares.org or for more information and merchandise.
On the following pages, check out the very bare preview images for this year's theme (and guess each iconic moment in rock history). Bonus: check out video on the last page >>>
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children