Roseanne Apologizes for Too-Strongly Worded Tweet Against Chick-fil-A
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 10:49 AM ET
Comic Roseanne Barr has apologized after offending some by tweeting her opinion about Chick-fil-A's antigay stance, in which she said people who eat there deserve the cancer they will get from " eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ."
Never one to mince words, Barr, a longtime LGBT ally, tweeted, “anyone who eats S%#@ Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ,” she tweeted, later adding, “off to grab a s%#@ fil-A sandwich on my way to worshipping Christ, supporting Aipac and war in Iran.”
CBS reports that some twitter followers, while also opposing the restaurant chain, didn't care for Barr's word choices, including a man named Jim Henson, who tweeted, "I lost two brothers to cancer, Roseanne. What a truly heinous thing to say."
Barr again took to Twitter to defend herself. “christian liars: i never wished cancer on you at all-jesus will punish u 4 ur deceit-I said processed foods cause cancer,” she wrote. Upon reflection Barr agreed that her words might have been too harsh, and wrote, “Retreading my tweet I realize that I used the wrong word-I shouldn’t have used the word deserves. I shouldn’t have used the word deserves in my tweet and I apologize.”
She followed up with at least two more tweets about the fast-food franchise, saying, "Chickfil-A is made from aborted chicken fetus anus" and "I was constipated and had to strain 2 pass a chick fil-A."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM