The 10 Cattiest, Craziest Antigay Comments of 2013
BY Jase Peeples
December 24 2013 7:00 AM ET
Pat Robertson: Gays Spread HIV With Special Rings
Antigay televangelist Pat Robertson really went off the rails when he claimed HIV and AIDS activists were deliberately trying to infect other people with the virus by wearing rings that cut other people when they shook hands.
“You know what they do in San Francisco? Some in the gay community there, they want to get people. So if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger,” he said. “Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March