Violent Antigay Attack at Ohio Restaurant
BY Neal Broverman
May 24 2012 3:17 PM ET
Ohio police are trying to track down two men who hurled antigay slurs before attacking patrons at a Columbus restaurant.
The late April melee resulted in one patron knocked unconscious and another with broken facial bones. Gloria McCauley, executive director of the Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization, told the local media that such antigay attacks are common, even in a relatively progressive city like Columbus.
Watch the attack below and read more about the suspects here.
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 7 min 8 sec ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 42 min 44 sec ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 44 min 54 sec ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 1 hour 11 min ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 1 hour 42 min ago
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM