Blogger Chaim Levin Sues Family Member Over Alleged Abuse
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 5:21 PM ET
New York City's Orthodox Jewish community has been shaken by allegations of sexual abuse by Chaim Levin, a gay Jewish blogger.
Levin, who runs the site Gotta Give 'Em Hope (named after a Harvey Milk quote), is suing his cousin for allegedly abusing him from 1996 through 1999, beginning when Levin was six years old. Levin is suing Sholom Eichler in civil case brought to a Brooklyn court. Eichler works at a prominent, family-run Judaica store in New York City.
As the New York Post points out, sexual abuse charges in Brooklyn's Orthodox Jewish community are becoming more frequent. Read more here.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'