Blogger Chaim Levin Sues Family Member Over Alleged Abuse
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 5:21 PM ET
New York City's Orthodox Jewish community has been shaken by allegations of sexual abuse by Chaim Levin, a gay Jewish blogger.
Levin, who runs the site Gotta Give 'Em Hope (named after a Harvey Milk quote), is suing his cousin for allegedly abusing him from 1996 through 1999, beginning when Levin was six years old. Levin is suing Sholom Eichler in civil case brought to a Brooklyn court. Eichler works at a prominent, family-run Judaica store in New York City.
As the New York Post points out, sexual abuse charges in Brooklyn's Orthodox Jewish community are becoming more frequent. Read more here.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks