Blogger Chaim Levin Sues Family Member Over Alleged Abuse
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 4:21 PM ET
New York City's Orthodox Jewish community has been shaken by allegations of sexual abuse by Chaim Levin, a gay Jewish blogger.
Levin, who runs the site Gotta Give 'Em Hope (named after a Harvey Milk quote), is suing his cousin for allegedly abusing him from 1996 through 1999, beginning when Levin was six years old. Levin is suing Sholom Eichler in civil case brought to a Brooklyn court. Eichler works at a prominent, family-run Judaica store in New York City.
As the New York Post points out, sexual abuse charges in Brooklyn's Orthodox Jewish community are becoming more frequent. Read more here.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 0 sec ago
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 2 hours 49 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 2 hours 54 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2:53 PM
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2:49 PM
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2:49 PM
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2:40 PM