Couple Says They Were Beaten in Asheville for Being Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 12 2012 12:08 PM ET
Mark Little and his partner Dustin Martin say they were walking down a street in Asheville, N.C. when they were attacked and beaten.
"I feel like that when the cop first came on the scene he just felt like it was just an ordinary crime," Little told WBTV, "but what had happened is we were hit just because we were gay."
Little told the station that people in a passing car began harassing them while walking through Asheville, which is normally known as gay friendly. When the couple told them to stop, one of the passengers got out of the car and beat them. No one has been arrested.
Watch the video report below.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam