On The Road With AIDS LifeCycle
BY Advocate Contributors
June 16 2011 7:00 AM ET
This year AIDS/LifeCycle raised more than $13 million for the fight against HIV/AIDS, benefiting the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation -- while helping to save thousands of lives in the process. Embedded Press Corps photographer Stephen Busken experienced the ride from the inside. He spent a week on the road with over 3,000 participants, traveling 545 miles from San Francisco to L.A.
"While photographing AIDS/LifeCycle, I was overwhelmed by the sense of community formed among the riders and volunteer roadies who donate their time and talents to make the ride possible," Busken said. "By capturing images of the riders, I got to hear their personal stories of how AIDS has touched their lives."
The following is a small glimpse into a massive ride down California's coast.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- A Letter to My Partners
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians 6 min 48 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag 1 hour 13 min ago
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem 1 hour 20 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 2 hours 46 min ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 2 hours 59 min ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 5:56 PM