WATCH: 30 Years From Here
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2012 3:23 PM ET
Here TV documentary 30 Years From Here looks back at the challenges of the AIDS pandemic in the 30 years since it began. This nondiscriminatory disease has affected many lives over many years, and the filmmakers share personal accounts from people who were there in the beginning and who have seen both the sorrow over lives lost and the hope generated by advances in medical research.
In the documentary, which can now be viewed on Hulu in its entirety, people who were on the ground tell their stories, with interviews including playwright Terrence McNally and ACT UP founder Larry Kramer.
Watch a clip from the documentary below. Then head to Hulu for the entire documentary.
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 7 sec ago
- Women Bullies in California Chop Off Teen Lesbian's Hair in Possible Hate Crime 1 min 12 sec ago
- Art Dept More Photos From Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Advocate Cover Shoot 10 min 30 sec ago
- Women AMC's Cult Fave The Killing Adds Scrappy Lesbian Character to its Roster 16 min 56 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Has a Steamy 'Spa Day' 28 min 23 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy 33 min 12 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ben Affleck's Ex-Gay Camp Counselor Says 'Hetero Is Better, Yo!' 57 min 16 sec ago