WATCH: 30 Years From Here
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2012 3:23 PM ET
Here TV documentary 30 Years From Here looks back at the challenges of the AIDS pandemic in the 30 years since it began. This nondiscriminatory disease has affected many lives over many years, and the filmmakers share personal accounts from people who were there in the beginning and who have seen both the sorrow over lives lost and the hope generated by advances in medical research.
In the documentary, which can now be viewed on Hulu in its entirety, people who were on the ground tell their stories, with interviews including playwright Terrence McNally and ACT UP founder Larry Kramer.
Watch a clip from the documentary below. Then head to Hulu for the entire documentary.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' is Destroying Marriage
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'