PHOTOS: World AIDS Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 01 2014 6:00 AM ET
Workers for an Indian nonprofit arrange banners and red ribbon cutouts on a boat along the holy river Ganges to highlight AIDS awareness Saturday in Kolkata.
Women from the Islamic political party Hizb ut-tahrir protest against sexual freedom and the govenment policy of encouraging condom use to prevent HIV transmission Sunday in Surabaya, Indonesia. Muslim groups such as Hizb ut-Tahrir are among those who see condom use as a gateway to adultery and casual sex, especially among young people. According to the Health Ministry, the number of HIV cases from April 1987 to 2013 in Jakarta has reached 24,807, while the number of AIDS cases has reached 6,299.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'