PHOTOS: World AIDS Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 01 2014 6:00 AM ET
Workers for an Indian nonprofit arrange banners and red ribbon cutouts on a boat along the holy river Ganges to highlight AIDS awareness Saturday in Kolkata.
Women from the Islamic political party Hizb ut-tahrir protest against sexual freedom and the govenment policy of encouraging condom use to prevent HIV transmission Sunday in Surabaya, Indonesia. Muslim groups such as Hizb ut-Tahrir are among those who see condom use as a gateway to adultery and casual sex, especially among young people. According to the Health Ministry, the number of HIV cases from April 1987 to 2013 in Jakarta has reached 24,807, while the number of AIDS cases has reached 6,299.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'