Teacher Compares LGBT-Inclusive Curriculum to Teaching Crack Use
BY Jase Peeples
July 30 2013 6:18 PM ET
A teacher and pastor from South Carolina said that teaching LGBT-inclusive curricula in public schools was just like teaching students how to use crack on a recent episode of conservative Sandy Rios’ radio show, reports Right Wing Watch.
Rios, an associate of the American Family Association, invited Ira Thomas as a special guest on her program Monday. The episode focused on criticizing LGBT-inclusive curricula, which has been adopted by the National Education Association.
Thomas, who was a recent attendee of the NEA convention in Atlanta, claimed he has been “accused of hating” because he opposed the “indoctrination plans” the NEA is putting into practice.
“To me it’s like teaching people about how to use crack,” Thomas told Rios. “It’s a dangerous game to play on.”
Rios took Thomas's comments one step further, not only claiming that the NEA is indoctrinating children, but that the organization was “the reason why this culture has been slouching toward Gomorrah.”
Listen to excerpts from the radio show below.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Business P.R. Agency Adds LGBT Practice 10 min 23 sec ago
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 12 min 58 sec ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 16 min 11 sec ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 18 min 34 sec ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 1 hour 14 min ago
- Russia WATCH: Moscow LGBT Demonstrators Attacked 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer Thanks Female Partner at Canadian Film Awards 1 hour 29 min ago