Teacher Compares LGBT-Inclusive Curriculum to Teaching Crack Use
BY Jase Peeples
July 30 2013 5:18 PM ET
A teacher and pastor from South Carolina said that teaching LGBT-inclusive curricula in public schools was just like teaching students how to use crack on a recent episode of conservative Sandy Rios’ radio show, reports Right Wing Watch.
Rios, an associate of the American Family Association, invited Ira Thomas as a special guest on her program Monday. The episode focused on criticizing LGBT-inclusive curricula, which has been adopted by the National Education Association.
Thomas, who was a recent attendee of the NEA convention in Atlanta, claimed he has been “accused of hating” because he opposed the “indoctrination plans” the NEA is putting into practice.
“To me it’s like teaching people about how to use crack,” Thomas told Rios. “It’s a dangerous game to play on.”
Rios took Thomas's comments one step further, not only claiming that the NEA is indoctrinating children, but that the organization was “the reason why this culture has been slouching toward Gomorrah.”
Listen to excerpts from the radio show below.
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 2 hours 40 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM