Teacher Compares LGBT-Inclusive Curriculum to Teaching Crack Use
BY Jase Peeples
July 30 2013 6:18 PM ET
A teacher and pastor from South Carolina said that teaching LGBT-inclusive curricula in public schools was just like teaching students how to use crack on a recent episode of conservative Sandy Rios’ radio show, reports Right Wing Watch.
Rios, an associate of the American Family Association, invited Ira Thomas as a special guest on her program Monday. The episode focused on criticizing LGBT-inclusive curricula, which has been adopted by the National Education Association.
Thomas, who was a recent attendee of the NEA convention in Atlanta, claimed he has been “accused of hating” because he opposed the “indoctrination plans” the NEA is putting into practice.
“To me it’s like teaching people about how to use crack,” Thomas told Rios. “It’s a dangerous game to play on.”
Rios took Thomas's comments one step further, not only claiming that the NEA is indoctrinating children, but that the organization was “the reason why this culture has been slouching toward Gomorrah.”
Listen to excerpts from the radio show below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution