Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
John Randolph Thune, U.S. senator from South Dakota
- In 1999, Thune voted to ban adoptions by same-sex couples in D.C.
- In 2008 he cosponsored the Federal Marriage Amendment, which defined marriage exclusively as the union between a man and a woman.
- He voted against repeal of “don't ask, don’t tell.”
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.