Tampa Bathhouse Offers Free Admission to GOP Delegates
BY Sunnivie Brydum
August 23 2012 11:55 AM ET
A gay bathouse in Tampa, Fla., is making the most of the Republican National Convention, offering GOP delegates free admission through August 31. Ybor Resort and Spa bills itself as "Tampa Bay's only gay-owned and gay-operated private club, resort, and bathhouse." The site also promises a discreet back-door entrance for members entering or leaving the premises.
According to Joe Jervis at Joe.My.God, the bathhouse is located in the "homo-heavy entertainment district famed for its riotous nightclub scene, which is often described as Tampa's version of Bourbon Street."Jervis also reports that the club is located less than one square block away from GOProud's Homocon 2012. Obviously, this is purely coincidental.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- How San Francisco Is Beating HIV