Tampa Bathhouse Offers Free Admission to GOP Delegates
BY Sunnivie Brydum
August 23 2012 11:55 AM ET
A gay bathouse in Tampa, Fla., is making the most of the Republican National Convention, offering GOP delegates free admission through August 31. Ybor Resort and Spa bills itself as "Tampa Bay's only gay-owned and gay-operated private club, resort, and bathhouse." The site also promises a discreet back-door entrance for members entering or leaving the premises.
According to Joe Jervis at Joe.My.God, the bathhouse is located in the "homo-heavy entertainment district famed for its riotous nightclub scene, which is often described as Tampa's version of Bourbon Street."Jervis also reports that the club is located less than one square block away from GOProud's Homocon 2012. Obviously, this is purely coincidental.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups