Two Gay Candidates Win Delaware Primaries
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 12 2012 2:10 PM ET
Two LGBT state legislative candidates won their primaries in Delaware Tuesday, the Washington Blade reports. If they go on to win the general election in November, Andy Staton and Marie Mayor would be the first out LGBT legislators in Delaware.
Staton, a gay Rehoboth Beach real estate agent, won his Democratic primary with 58.1% of the vote. Mayor, a Milton Democrat and a lesbian, won her primary election with twice as many votes as her closest challenger.
Both Staton and Mayor have Republican challengers in the general election. Mayor will face Stephen Smyk and Staton will face Ernesto Lopez.
Read more here.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 20 Southern Decadence Dos and Don'ts
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin