Prop. 8 Lessons
BY Lorri L. Jean
August 03 2010 11:15 AM ET
All of this information will be vital to future campaigns seeking to defeat measures similar to Prop. 8 or to repeal Prop. 8 itself. It hopefully will enable us to develop specific strategies that will be successful in overcoming parents’ irrational fears regarding children and their understanding and acceptance of LGBT people.
The sad truth is that the real danger to children isn’t equality under the law for same-sex couples. It’s the harm done to LGBT children and to the kids of LGBT parents by discrimination that leaves families unprotected and relegates them to second-class status. And it’s the misleading, reprehensible and demeaning propaganda of the bigoted zealots behind the anti-marriage campaigns.
If the lessons and recommendations of "The Prop. 8 Report" are taken to heart, I have no doubt that the tide can turn on these measures. May that day come soon!
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 3 min 25 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 20 min 13 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 19 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 25 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 9 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 9 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 hours 12 min ago