WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Justin Mikita Announce Engagement
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 19 2012 4:40 PM ET
Jesse Tyler Ferguson has announced his engagement to attorney Justin Mikita and launched a new marriage equality organization.
After telling viewers about Tie The Knot, a foundation he's launching, the Modern Family star struggles for the proper way to describe his realtionship with Mikita before revealing, "It's true. I popped the question." Mikita pops in, saying "I said yes!"
Ferguson says he wants their relationship to be acknowledged in a union formalized via a wedding ceremony.
"Who wouldn't want to see us get married?" he asks. "We're as cute as puppies—puppies with bowties"
The two men have teamed with Tie Bar to design a collection of unique bowties and will donate all proceeds to various organizations that fight for the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples receive civil rights.
For more information go to TieTheKnot.org. Watch the video below.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder
- WATCH: Late Summer Stars