WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Justin Mikita Announce Engagement
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 19 2012 3:40 PM ET
Jesse Tyler Ferguson has announced his engagement to attorney Justin Mikita and launched a new marriage equality organization.
After telling viewers about Tie The Knot, a foundation he's launching, the Modern Family star struggles for the proper way to describe his realtionship with Mikita before revealing, "It's true. I popped the question." Mikita pops in, saying "I said yes!"
Ferguson says he wants their relationship to be acknowledged in a union formalized via a wedding ceremony.
"Who wouldn't want to see us get married?" he asks. "We're as cute as puppies—puppies with bowties"
The two men have teamed with Tie Bar to design a collection of unique bowties and will donate all proceeds to various organizations that fight for the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples receive civil rights.
For more information go to TieTheKnot.org. Watch the video below.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 5 min 24 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 35 min 21 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 40 min 30 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 1 hour 21 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 4 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 4 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 2 hours 25 min ago