WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Justin Mikita Announce Engagement
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 19 2012 4:40 PM ET
Jesse Tyler Ferguson has announced his engagement to attorney Justin Mikita and launched a new marriage equality organization.
After telling viewers about Tie The Knot, a foundation he's launching, the Modern Family star struggles for the proper way to describe his realtionship with Mikita before revealing, "It's true. I popped the question." Mikita pops in, saying "I said yes!"
Ferguson says he wants their relationship to be acknowledged in a union formalized via a wedding ceremony.
"Who wouldn't want to see us get married?" he asks. "We're as cute as puppies—puppies with bowties"
The two men have teamed with Tie Bar to design a collection of unique bowties and will donate all proceeds to various organizations that fight for the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples receive civil rights.
For more information go to TieTheKnot.org. Watch the video below.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination 1 hour 8 min ago
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians 1 hour 43 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag 2 hours 51 min ago
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem 2 hours 57 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 6:08 PM