Northwest NAACP Urges Washingtonians To Support Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
October 24 2012 2:44 PM ET
The NAACP chapter representing Washington State, Oregon, and Alaska endorsed Referendum 74, which, if passed by voters next month, would legalize same-sex marriage in Washington.
The national chapter formally endorsed marriage equality in May, while the northwest chapter made their own announcement on Wednesday, days after their annual conference.
"The Alaska-Oregon-Washington State Area Conference of the NAACP officially endorsed Referendum 74," stated area conference president Oscar Eason, Jr. in a statement. “The NAACP has always been at the forefront of the battle for marriage equality. We fought for marriage equality in the 1960s when miscegenation laws blocked marriages between races and we continue to stand up for marriage equality today.”
- Retirement Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia 45 min 15 sec ago
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1 hour 34 min ago
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 2 hours 44 min ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM