PHOTOS: Edie Windsor's Hero's Welcome at Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 2:13 PM ET
First, Windsor spoke with reporters, but before too long she asked to be excused. "There are a lot of people over there who came to see me," she explained, "and I just want to go see them."
Then she joined the crowd, waving and blowing kisses, as loud cheers broke out and chants of "Edie! Edie!"
On the following pages, see photos of the moment.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland