PHOTOS: Edie Windsor's Hero's Welcome at Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 2:13 PM ET
First, Windsor spoke with reporters, but before too long she asked to be excused. "There are a lot of people over there who came to see me," she explained, "and I just want to go see them."
Then she joined the crowd, waving and blowing kisses, as loud cheers broke out and chants of "Edie! Edie!"
On the following pages, see photos of the moment.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The 'Ex-Gay' Candidate for Missouri Governor
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding