PHOTOS: Edie Windsor's Hero's Welcome at Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 2:13 PM ET
First, Windsor spoke with reporters, but before too long she asked to be excused. "There are a lot of people over there who came to see me," she explained, "and I just want to go see them."
Then she joined the crowd, waving and blowing kisses, as loud cheers broke out and chants of "Edie! Edie!"
On the following pages, see photos of the moment.
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride