PHOTOS: Edie Windsor's Hero's Welcome at Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 1:13 PM ET
First, Windsor spoke with reporters, but before too long she asked to be excused. "There are a lot of people over there who came to see me," she explained, "and I just want to go see them."
Then she joined the crowd, waving and blowing kisses, as loud cheers broke out and chants of "Edie! Edie!"
On the following pages, see photos of the moment.
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 50 min 12 sec ago
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 1 hour 50 min ago
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 2 hours 50 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM