PHOTOS: Coloradans Celebrate Civil Unions at Midnight
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 01 2013 12:10 PM ET
Congresswoman Diane DeGette was also on hand to officiate civil union ceremonies for same-sex couples. “Today is a great day for Colorado as we take a substantial — and long overdue — step toward equality and acceptance for all our families with the legalization of civil unions," said DeGette in a statement. "As Vice Chair of the Congressional LGBT caucus, I am proud to have fought to ensure that all Americans are treated equally under the law regardless of who they love. While today represents a significant achievement in the pursuit of full equality for LGBT Coloradans, we cannot forget that there is still work left to be done. Today I stand proudly with so many of my colleagues, friends, and neighbors in celebrating this milestone, and look forward to standing with them on the road ahead.”
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House