PHOTOS: Coloradans Celebrate Civil Unions at Midnight
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 01 2013 12:10 PM ET
Congresswoman Diane DeGette was also on hand to officiate civil union ceremonies for same-sex couples. “Today is a great day for Colorado as we take a substantial — and long overdue — step toward equality and acceptance for all our families with the legalization of civil unions," said DeGette in a statement. "As Vice Chair of the Congressional LGBT caucus, I am proud to have fought to ensure that all Americans are treated equally under the law regardless of who they love. While today represents a significant achievement in the pursuit of full equality for LGBT Coloradans, we cannot forget that there is still work left to be done. Today I stand proudly with so many of my colleagues, friends, and neighbors in celebrating this milestone, and look forward to standing with them on the road ahead.”
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples