AFA, Aghast Gay Soldiers Could Be Buried at Arlington, Rallies Troops
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 10:08 PM ET
The American Family Association is livid that the Pentagon is extending benefits to same-sex military couples, including the plan to allow fallen LGBT soldiers burials at Arlington National Cemetery.
"Under your watch, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has effectively devastated our nation's military by allowing the 'gay agenda' to take priority over national defense," the AFA said in a statement. "This week, his decision to grant 'marriage' benefits to homosexuals in the military presents an unacceptable risk to good order, discipline, morale and unit cohesion — qualities essential for combat readiness. Most disturbing is his decision to allow homosexual partners to be buried on the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. I urge you to do your part in restoring sanity to the Department of Defense and stop social experimentation in the military." Read more here.
Current TV's Cenk Uygur spoke to an out Marine about the new benefits available. Watch the video below.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM