AFA, Aghast Gay Soldiers Could Be Buried at Arlington, Rallies Troops
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 10:08 PM ET
The American Family Association is livid that the Pentagon is extending benefits to same-sex military couples, including the plan to allow fallen LGBT soldiers burials at Arlington National Cemetery.
"Under your watch, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has effectively devastated our nation's military by allowing the 'gay agenda' to take priority over national defense," the AFA said in a statement. "This week, his decision to grant 'marriage' benefits to homosexuals in the military presents an unacceptable risk to good order, discipline, morale and unit cohesion — qualities essential for combat readiness. Most disturbing is his decision to allow homosexual partners to be buried on the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. I urge you to do your part in restoring sanity to the Department of Defense and stop social experimentation in the military." Read more here.
Current TV's Cenk Uygur spoke to an out Marine about the new benefits available. Watch the video below.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?