AFA, Aghast Gay Soldiers Could Be Buried at Arlington, Rallies Troops
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 10:08 PM ET
The American Family Association is livid that the Pentagon is extending benefits to same-sex military couples, including the plan to allow fallen LGBT soldiers burials at Arlington National Cemetery.
"Under your watch, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has effectively devastated our nation's military by allowing the 'gay agenda' to take priority over national defense," the AFA said in a statement. "This week, his decision to grant 'marriage' benefits to homosexuals in the military presents an unacceptable risk to good order, discipline, morale and unit cohesion — qualities essential for combat readiness. Most disturbing is his decision to allow homosexual partners to be buried on the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. I urge you to do your part in restoring sanity to the Department of Defense and stop social experimentation in the military." Read more here.
Current TV's Cenk Uygur spoke to an out Marine about the new benefits available. Watch the video below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Rising Above the Down Low
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 2 hours 27 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM