AFA, Aghast Gay Soldiers Could Be Buried at Arlington, Rallies Troops
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 9:08 PM ET
The American Family Association is livid that the Pentagon is extending benefits to same-sex military couples, including the plan to allow fallen LGBT soldiers burials at Arlington National Cemetery.
"Under your watch, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has effectively devastated our nation's military by allowing the 'gay agenda' to take priority over national defense," the AFA said in a statement. "This week, his decision to grant 'marriage' benefits to homosexuals in the military presents an unacceptable risk to good order, discipline, morale and unit cohesion — qualities essential for combat readiness. Most disturbing is his decision to allow homosexual partners to be buried on the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. I urge you to do your part in restoring sanity to the Department of Defense and stop social experimentation in the military." Read more here.
Current TV's Cenk Uygur spoke to an out Marine about the new benefits available. Watch the video below.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM