Vatican Supports Homophobia of French Bishops
BY Neal Broverman
August 17 2012 6:56 PM ET
The Vatican declared its support for a day of prayer against marriage equality organized by bishops in the French Catholic Church.
Thousands lined up for the antigay prayer on Wednesday, which proclaimed children can only thrive with the benefit of a mother and father. The prayer was a response to president Francois Hollande voicing support for same-sex marriage.
The Vatican says the French bishops were right to take action: "I believe preserving [heterosexual marriage], which is cultural — and for us also religious — is a real challenge that we have to take up in every corner of our planet," Bishop Vincenzo Paglia told Vatican Radio.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM