Vatican Supports Homophobia of French Bishops
BY Neal Broverman
August 17 2012 6:56 PM ET
The Vatican declared its support for a day of prayer against marriage equality organized by bishops in the French Catholic Church.
Thousands lined up for the antigay prayer on Wednesday, which proclaimed children can only thrive with the benefit of a mother and father. The prayer was a response to president Francois Hollande voicing support for same-sex marriage.
The Vatican says the French bishops were right to take action: "I believe preserving [heterosexual marriage], which is cultural — and for us also religious — is a real challenge that we have to take up in every corner of our planet," Bishop Vincenzo Paglia told Vatican Radio.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 53 min 19 sec ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 1 hour 52 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 3:14 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2:27 PM
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2:11 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 1:56 PM