Rick Warren Can Explain to You Why Being Gay is Bad
BY Neal Broverman
November 28 2012 2:38 PM ET
Appearing on Piers Morgan's CNN show Tuesday night, evangelical megachurch pastor Rick Warren tried to explain why same-sex attraction isn't bad, but acting on it is.
Even if it was proven that gays were born with their same-sex attractions, it would make no difference to Warren; gay relationships would still be sinful.
“It wouldn’t bother me if there was a ‘gay gene’ found,” he said on the show. "I have all kinds of natural feelins in my life and it doesn't necessarily mean that I should act on every feeling. Sometimes I get angry and feel like punching a guy in the nose. That doesn't mean I act on it."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM