Monica Beverly Hillz Talks Life Before Drag Race
BY Jase Peeples
April 18 2013 10:14 AM ET
Monica Beverly Hillz talks about her life before being cast as a contestant on this season of RuPaul's Drag Race and coming out on the show as a transgender woman in this exclusive new interview with SocialScope Productions.
As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Monica opens up about her life in SocialScope Production's new multimedia web project 'Memories of Violence' that shares the stories of LGBTQ survivors and their experiences with violence.
Monica is also joined by RuPaul's Drag Race alumni Jade Sotomayor in sharing their journey as drag sisters and performers in the three-part series. Stay tuned for parts two and three. This video excerpt from Monica was part of two well-received events on LGBTQ survivors of sexual violence and intimate-partner violence, hosted by SocialScope Productions last week, at DePaul University in Chicago and Washington University in St. Louis.
Watch part 1 of the three-part video series below.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 1 hour 26 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 2 hours 26 min ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM