Monica Beverly Hillz Talks Life Before Drag Race
BY Jase Peeples
April 18 2013 10:14 AM ET
Monica Beverly Hillz talks about her life before being cast as a contestant on this season of RuPaul's Drag Race and coming out on the show as a transgender woman in this exclusive new interview with SocialScope Productions.
As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Monica opens up about her life in SocialScope Production's new multimedia web project 'Memories of Violence' that shares the stories of LGBTQ survivors and their experiences with violence.
Monica is also joined by RuPaul's Drag Race alumni Jade Sotomayor in sharing their journey as drag sisters and performers in the three-part series. Stay tuned for parts two and three. This video excerpt from Monica was part of two well-received events on LGBTQ survivors of sexual violence and intimate-partner violence, hosted by SocialScope Productions last week, at DePaul University in Chicago and Washington University in St. Louis.
Watch part 1 of the three-part video series below.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married 2 hours 14 min ago
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 6:03 PM