Monica Beverly Hillz Talks Life Before Drag Race
BY Jase Peeples
April 18 2013 11:14 AM ET
Monica Beverly Hillz talks about her life before being cast as a contestant on this season of RuPaul's Drag Race and coming out on the show as a transgender woman in this exclusive new interview with SocialScope Productions.
As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Monica opens up about her life in SocialScope Production's new multimedia web project 'Memories of Violence' that shares the stories of LGBTQ survivors and their experiences with violence.
Monica is also joined by RuPaul's Drag Race alumni Jade Sotomayor in sharing their journey as drag sisters and performers in the three-part series. Stay tuned for parts two and three. This video excerpt from Monica was part of two well-received events on LGBTQ survivors of sexual violence and intimate-partner violence, hosted by SocialScope Productions last week, at DePaul University in Chicago and Washington University in St. Louis.
Watch part 1 of the three-part video series below.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead