PHOTOS: Phoenix Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2014 4:00 AM ET
Arizona heats up quickly in spring, and by June, an outdoor parade is not a pretty idea. So Phoenix stages their event earlier in the year, this year on April 5th. The Community Grand Marshal this year was Lloyd Mays, and the Celebrity Grand Marshal was the Phoenix Mercury’s Brittney Griner.
The Phoenix Pride Parade serves as the kick-off event to the two-day Pride Festival designed to bring the diverse LGBTQ and allied communities together for a weekend of camaraderie and celebration of the past, present and future while raising funds for Phoenix Pride, and the Pride Community Grants and Scholarships Programs. The Parade brings over 2,000 individual participants and over 15,000 spectators.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- WATCH: Oregon Gov. Emotionally Signs Conversion Therapy Ban Into Law
- EXCLUSIVE: A Chat With Pop Legend Dionne Warwick and Her Granddaughter Cheyenne Elliott
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing