PHOTOS: Phoenix Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2014 4:00 AM ET
Arizona heats up quickly in spring, and by June, an outdoor parade is not a pretty idea. So Phoenix stages their event earlier in the year, this year on April 5th. The Community Grand Marshal this year was Lloyd Mays, and the Celebrity Grand Marshal was the Phoenix Mercury’s Brittney Griner.
The Phoenix Pride Parade serves as the kick-off event to the two-day Pride Festival designed to bring the diverse LGBTQ and allied communities together for a weekend of camaraderie and celebration of the past, present and future while raising funds for Phoenix Pride, and the Pride Community Grants and Scholarships Programs. The Parade brings over 2,000 individual participants and over 15,000 spectators.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either