21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 5:00 AM ET
3. The Case of Proposition 8
Super-lawyers David Boies and Ted Olson continue to beat down delays that keep the case from reaching the U.S. Supreme Court. Proponents had argued (unsuccessfully) that Judge Vaughn Walker was unqualified to overrule Prop. 8 because he’s gay. Then they begged the court not to release potentially embarrassing videotapes of witnesses’ feeble testimony (and lost). Stay tuned for appeals.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- 20 Proven Ways to Get Young People to Talk HIV
- Utah Theater Responds to Homophobic Patron
- Chaz Bono Talks Trans Issues on RuPaul's Drag Race
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'