BY Savas Abadsidis
September 04 2013 5:00 AM ET
Innovation is central to the LGBT experience. Whereas many of our non-queer counterparts were often able to move in well-worn paths through the worlds of commerce and business, LGBTs have long had to carve out places for ourselves.
Being out often meant being an outsider, and being an outsider often meant a choice: either remove ourselves from the world of business, or innovate, create, and take part in new and unexpected ways. And that outsider perspective can be instrumental in finding ways to innovate.
These LGBT innovators are making our world brighter, fairer, and more interesting by half.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet