BY Savas Abadsidis
September 04 2013 5:00 AM ET
Innovation is central to the LGBT experience. Whereas many of our non-queer counterparts were often able to move in well-worn paths through the worlds of commerce and business, LGBTs have long had to carve out places for ourselves.
Being out often meant being an outsider, and being an outsider often meant a choice: either remove ourselves from the world of business, or innovate, create, and take part in new and unexpected ways. And that outsider perspective can be instrumental in finding ways to innovate.
These LGBT innovators are making our world brighter, fairer, and more interesting by half.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'