'Evening Under The Stars' Raises Millions for L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
BY Lucas Grindley
October 21 2013 3:17 PM ET
— Lucas Grindley (@lucasgrindley) October 20, 2013
The big moment of the night was the debut of a public service announcement that has already brought in thousands of views. It tells the fictional but all-too-real story of a young teen thrown out of his home when his parents discover his sexuality. The father is portrayed by actor David Millbern, producer and costar of Here TV's upcoming sitcom From HERE on OUT, and a roster of stars — Jamie Foxx, Lisa Ling, James Wood, Elton John, and David Furnish — call for donations. Center CEO Lorri Jean announced during the event — which went on to raise $2.9 million — that some of the money will go toward tripling the number of beds for homeless LGBT youth by adding a new facility for the center.
Watch the complete PSA below:
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'