Artist Spotlight: Darren Jones
BY Christopher Harrity
August 10 2013 4:00 AM ET
Mourning Wood, 2013
18" x 24"
Atmospheric shots of the infamous Meatrack between the Pines and Cherry Grove abound, but here the double meaning of the title of the work — slang for a morning erection / the grieving process - acknowledges two facets of the forest's history. Firstly, as a clandestine meeting place for gay men to meet for sex, and also as a place of reflection, memorial and remembrance to those who fell to AIDS.
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- WATCH: A Trans Girl's Inspiring 'Letter to the World'
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid