Artist Spotlight: Vincent Keith
BY Christopher Harrity
January 25 2014 5:00 AM ET
Vincent Keith of Mascular makes portraits that look like an open window. He says:
"Portraitists tend to fall into two categories, those trying to reveal what is hidden and those who try to highlight what is there. I fall into the latter category. I think everything about a character is there to see — plainly. It's just knowing how to look. My objective in taking a portrait is not to 'get behind the veneer' — I question if that is indeed possible or desirable. Do we really see 'truth'? Most people I photograph have no idea what they look like. When you picture yourself in your mind, do you look like the person in the mirror? I certainly don't. A good portrait is a beautiful thing. This may be why I find portraiture the most rewarding area of photography."
Click through for more portraits. >>>
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel