A Tribute to E. Lynn Harris
BY Advocate Contributors
July 20 2010 5:35 PM ET
“Uhm, excuse me, Ashley, he is only twenty-two years old,” I practically yell into the phone. “Besides, I am through with men. Done. Finished. Work is my new love. My new man.” I begin biting my bottom lip.
“Chase, you think just because you’re the Vice President of Production for GBS Television that you don’t have needs?” Ashley says facetiously. “Vice presidents have sex, too.”
“I am not thinking about him. He is just a boy,” I say, but I am lying through my teeth. I swivel in my black executive chair and stare out into the New York skyline. My corner office has the perfect view overlooking Times Square.
“Whatever. And stop biting your bottom lip,” Ashley says.
“What are you talking about?” I put my hand over my mouth and look around my office.
“I know you are biting your bottom lip. You do it every time you are nervous or excited. And I know that intern is working you over.”
“Nobody is working anything. He is too young. And the operative word is INTERN!”
“Who cares?” Ashley snickers. “You’re both adults. What does age have to do with anything?”
“I am a professional, and I am sixteen years his senior. How would that look? Me fraternizing with an intern in my department. I have no interest or desire in sleeping with a young man. This is ridiculous. I am not in high school, or college,” I bark.
“All I’m saying is that you got needs and no man is meeting yours. I am sure you could use a good man to lay hands on your third leg and bless your boy coochie, amen,” Ashley laughs. “How long has it been anyway?”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 1 hour 20 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 1 hour 51 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 2 hours 31 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM