Green Lantern Shines in a New Light
BY Jase Peeples
June 01 2012 4:00 AM ET
Does that mean we’ll be seeing additional gay characters introduced in Earth 2?
There is another character down the line, but that character won’t be appearing for some time, so it’s probably a bit too early to talk about that, but this book will definitely have a diverse cast. Alan Scott won’t be the only gay character in Earth 2, I promise you that.
Will we be seeing any developments in Alan Scott’s love life in the near future?
Yes, that’s inevitable, but for the first few issues I’m concentrating on him as a hero and putting together his origin. But when we do get to his private life, obviously, yes, there will be romance between him and another lucky man.
Can you give us a hint about what fans can expect to see next in Earth 2?
The great thing about Earth 2 is that it’s an entire world. Yes, Justice Society is a part of that world, but I’ll be bringing in these characters slowly so we can get to know them more intimately. I’m not in a rush to get the whole team together with the first issue. What you can look forward to is seeing me develop a much bigger tapestry than just the team. I hope that people who check it out to see how I’m handling Alan Scott will stick around and enjoy not only that character but the whole world I’m trying to create.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- A Triumphant Pride in New York City
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame
- The Humble Tweets From a Catholic Priest Spat Upon by Pride Marchers