Green Lantern Shines in a New Light
BY Jase Peeples
June 01 2012 4:00 AM ET
Does that mean we’ll be seeing additional gay characters introduced in Earth 2?
There is another character down the line, but that character won’t be appearing for some time, so it’s probably a bit too early to talk about that, but this book will definitely have a diverse cast. Alan Scott won’t be the only gay character in Earth 2, I promise you that.
Will we be seeing any developments in Alan Scott’s love life in the near future?
Yes, that’s inevitable, but for the first few issues I’m concentrating on him as a hero and putting together his origin. But when we do get to his private life, obviously, yes, there will be romance between him and another lucky man.
Can you give us a hint about what fans can expect to see next in Earth 2?
The great thing about Earth 2 is that it’s an entire world. Yes, Justice Society is a part of that world, but I’ll be bringing in these characters slowly so we can get to know them more intimately. I’m not in a rush to get the whole team together with the first issue. What you can look forward to is seeing me develop a much bigger tapestry than just the team. I hope that people who check it out to see how I’m handling Alan Scott will stick around and enjoy not only that character but the whole world I’m trying to create.
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2 hours 11 min ago
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2 hours 17 min ago
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM